Tennis fans are well aware that Rafael Nadal has been absent from tennis ever since his surprise early loss in Wimbledon in June, due to a serious knee injury. As the months have stretched, followers of his Facebook and Twitter accounts have gotten an entertaining story of how the Spaniard has been keeping himself busy during his rehabilitation. Highlights include photos with other tennis stars and totally innocent gym workout photos taken from inadvertently provocative angles (ahem). We’ve also learned that the dude seriously needs a high-speed camera and some instruction in Red-Eye removal in Photoshop.
In any case, if you haven’t been able to catch up on every tweet, and the evidence that the Clay Court King is completely and utterly bored out of his skull, Rafa has helpfully provided us with his own Top 10 List:
How I Spent My
Summer Vacation 6-Month Hiatus
1. Got drunk in Vegas and accidentally married Pico. He refuses to sign the annulment papers.
2. Gorged on gluten so maybe Djokovic will be allergic to me when I return in January. Is worth try, no?
3. Learning to play tennis right-handed. Not a great result, but can still beat Almagro. And Feli. And Nando…
4. Wrote a Broadway play. Titled it “I Left My Knee in Mallorca.” (It IS my left knee, so is play on words, get it?)
5. Got my hairdresser’s license (See photo above). Am now the Barber of Seville. No really, it’s a very nice town in Spain. Why are you laughing?
6. Picked up three new phobias and five compulsive habits. Needed to change my repertoire.
7. Phone pranks. Sent a picture of my singles gold medal to Roger so he knows what one looks like
8. Learned to play water polo. Only lost seven horses.
9. Worked on new strategies to lengthen time between points.
10. Built an ark. Just in case, to save all my trophies. I don’t have two of each, though, so I had to break into Roger’s house to steal some. Don’t worry, I left him one of my French Open trophies, so his won’t be lonely. 🙂
Thank you to Rafael Nadal for keeping us in the loop, and for the photos you see here, originally from his Facebook account.